Updated Race Protocol for the 2012/2013 KAIMAI CYCLES Twilight Series
The Kaimai Cycles Twilight race series runs between 16 October 2012 & 11 December 2012 and 29 January 2013 & 19 March 2013. See the Event List or scroll down for details.
The Kaimai Cycles Points Series on Tuesday nights is a very popular race series with over 80 enthusiastic people ranging from 7 to over 70 years old taking part each night. A set of rules has been established to ensure everyone’s safety is ensured and that the race can be run efficiently. All riders must agree prior to racing with the official Twilight Race Protocol as stated below. It can be also downloaded from here.
1. Races start at 6.30pm. Race briefing 6.25pm.
2. Register your entry before 6.15pm to help the grade/handicap allocation.
3. Helpers: We need three people to help run the race every time. Please volunteer at the race the week before. Bring your bike along and if the race organisers don’t need you, then you can race. A list of names will be held to ensure all riders take a turn. We also require one parent to look after the children every night otherwise the children’s racing will be cancelled.
4. Demerit Points: Demerit points will be given for things like bad behaviour, erratic or dangerous riding and interfering with officials while they are working. You will be given one warning then points will be deducted for further offences.
5. Keep on the left hand side at all times during the race. All road rules still apply even during a club organised race. Crossing the centre may
lead to disqualification and withdrawal for the race.
6. Parking: No parking in any drive ways. Park in designated areas only.
7. Bolton Road finishes: After the race, please remain with the club trailer. Do not go backwards on the course to the finish or your parked car.
8. No standing on the road before or after racing.
9. No talking to the racing officials while they are doing their jobs. Distractions may result in incidents and incorrect race results.
10. Results: All results will be published on the club website: www.morrinsvillewheelers.org.nz
11. Your bike: Ensure it is in top order. Get it serviced regularly by your cycle dealer, i.e. Kaimai Cycles. Check also your cycling shoes/cleats and apparel/gloves.
12. Fees: Fees are payable before you get your number.
a. Club members – FREE
b. Non cycle club members FREE for a maximum of 3 nights
c. Members of other cycle clubs $5.00 per ride
13. How to become a member: See the Morrinsville Wheelers website.
www.morrinsvillewheelers.org.nz, Information, Membership
14. Please pay any money in a labelled envelope with your details (name/amount/cause for money) on the outside and all appropriate forms to be filled in on the inside of envelope (i.e. club registration form). There is no facility for change or EFTPOS.
15. Complaints: Any complaints should be made as soon as possible after the incident. Contact the club secretary, Bev May, 07 889 6976, in the first instance.
Morrinsville Wheelers Cycling Club
Twilight Race Committee
EventList powered by schlu.net